Friday 1 April 2016

The Service Chronicles 14: Two Days


I am honestly tired of staying at home and I am also loving the holiday. For almost three days I have not seen the staircase to my house. This just affirms my lack of motivation to get off my butt. I have to say although I haven’t left my house I have lost some weight, like I have said or somehow implied I am currently serving some slave time. My very very very funny mother, I think I need to add one more very. Told me to stay a few more days at home, I thought it was for something really sweet and nice, when I asked her she said so that I can help her some more. 


Chai! This is my life my people. But as we all know, we perfect children do not thrive well with disobedience and honestly I don’t think I’m ready to rush into the cramped lifestyle I live at the lodge.  
Wednesday was nonsense. I did nothing amazingly great. Was involved in some slavery and more slavery, had a few hours of break which involved more reading and sleeping. Recently I have decided to play some of the computer games I used to play with Oyinkan in 100 level and when I was depressed, bored, hungry or just being myself. In a nutshell I used to play those games a long time ago. You know the kind na, Burger Shop, Diner Dash and co. Well I’m playing them again. David and I have taken to turning on the generator earlier than usual using the pretense that our grandmother is hot. So within the hour of three we switch it on. But NEPA is a bastard sha. 

I saw a movie where Kevin Hart was a small boy; Along Came Polly (interesting stuff) and something struck me. If Kevin had said he could not take the small roles again or decided to give up early he won’t be big now. Moral lesson don’t give up on God. All of our stars are still loading and when they shine the sun would need shades. 

An Uncle I don’t like came over, well he’s my dad’s cousin but in Africa they are all the same right? He spent the night no biggie and I called Boye on the pretense to check up on him, I just wanted to hear his voice (that’s all on that).
Yesterday would have been a better day if not for my guest that didn’t show up. All my lovers out there don’t worry it was a girl. Well shit does happen, usually all the time.
I finally left my front door and it wasn’t so bad. I had to wear trousers, a Polo T-shirt and a pair of slippers and it was not fair to my body. The weather is a beast I swear. So I got out, bought my contacts and some things from a supermarket, made an appointment with the hairdressers and came home to wear weather friendly clothes. 

Oh!!! I forgot to tell you something really amazing. So I love it when I chat with people early in the morning, like around six thirty. There’s something nice about it, just lying in bed as the sun rises and you are chatting not having a telephone conversation o (my voice sounds manly in the morning). So Boye and I had this realy nice convo nothing remotely deep. Found out his age and some other things I will not say here. By the way he has not mentioned a girlfriend. I really should focus all this attention on something lucrative. No, I was joking why would I want to waste most of my mental energy on something that will give me money and make me successful in life when I came focus it on the opposite sex or something completely trivial. The other day Koch accused me of liking boys, ema gba mi am I supposed to like girls? Honestly girls are too sensitive and that is just not healthy, I know this because I am one. Also as I have mentioned before some boys like girls and I just happen to be a girl and if you look up my name in the Urban Dictionary it is said we bearers of aforementioned name are irresistible to the opposite sex. The opposite of my sex is male. So I don’t know why Koch was accusing me of liking boys like it is abnormal for me a girl in all ramifications to like a boy.  
While I was at home doing nothing in particular, that is a lie I finished Me Before You and I cried (just silent tears so that my family won’t get worried) Zonal meeting was going on somewhere in Ilorin West in a hall called Legal Studies. Ola the love of my life that I can’t marry due to certain reasons I refuse to discuss here signed my card. I owe him BIG time. 

As night time came I realized that my family had once again found a way to fag me out. Poor me. It then dawned on me that Boye had not replied or even read my last message. So I did some stalking and found out that on what’s app he had last been online around the last time we spoke (if I catch anybody judging me or raising their hairy noses at me I will call your name over the clay pot under my bed).
Have a goodnight my lovelies and I promise not to haunt your dreams. Or good morning depends on when you see this. *big smile and ten fat kisses*

Nkem Oyaghire 

No comments: