Sunday 17 April 2016

The Service Chronicles 27: One Anniversary and a Send Forth.




Saturday was another day of too much work, I woke up late let’s just say I was too tired. So I dragged myself around as usual and ended up in the kitchen. I just knew something was wrong as I sat down. Found my food and ate a little, offered to help with chopping some things for the salad. It was when I offered to help with the carrots that some light was shed on the odd feeling I felt earlier. My help was refused and I was urged to go get ready for the anniversary program. 
I had my bath, looked for something to wear and hurried to Challenge to get a book for an award I was offering as the Librarian of the fellowship. When I got back I wrapped up the book and went back to church. The service was great. The Bishop spoke to us again (he spoke to us the previous night) and I have to say he is the kind of man I can grow to respect. 

As the service was ending I mentioned something to someone and I got a reply that was surprisingly shocking and was illuminating on the strange vibe in the kitchen. Remember the Alumni I mentioned before? Apparently people had taken it upon themselves to assume that I liked him because I was being too “nice”, as I write this I am really hurt and sad that I happen to live with a bunch of dim witted folks (I mean that). Nimi x=came and called us to the kitchen; Jennifer and I. 

I was warned that I should not let myself be given a name in this lodge, which I think is already late; all I need is to sew a scarlet letter P for prostitute on all my dresses. The Scarlet letter is a very old novel about stuff I really don’t know, if you really want to understand this analogy look for the movie Easy A.  So here I am absolutely hurt and sad I don’t know why exactly, maybe because a bunch of people tabled my matter in the kitchen. I really don’t know. In the words of somebody everything that I have done was discussed and I did something wrong, I just didn’t know I was doing something wrong, I ,may have messed up by not helping with the Kitchen stuff but I really didn’t know I was supposed to. You would think I was thief or that the moment someone new came here I took him to a room and gave him sexual favours. I really don’t know what I have done wrong. In the midst of hurt lies confusion. (I am sorry for all this stupid talk; I just really need a place to rant these days) 

I get to the kitchen and after spending five minutes there it is funny to say that it turned out that I was not needed. Off to the programs and compiling of pictures for the send forth. That took me more than two hours. After running around like a crazed fowl I rushed to church to set up the projector. The guest we had invited we already coming in, at that point I had on a blue round neck top and a pair of hot pink three quarter shorts. So I dashed off back to get dressed. 

Now I had an array of clothes to pick from; it was either a floral print dress, a purple shine shine party dress, a short grey office gown or a short blue office gown. After trying three of the options I settled for the floral print dress; Churchill said I looked British (I guess that’s a good thing) that was after I had dragged the purple shine shine dress all over my body for glitter. 

I got back to the hall and decided to take charge of my slide show and it was beautiful, the food was nice and the music was good. I presented a few awards and like every good and like every successful party there were mini squabbles usually over food and our party had one of such; nothing of great importance.
Then came the best part; dance, dance, dance. I danced my ass of; literarily. So I like to twerk, I don’t have the ass for it but that didn’t stop Miley Cyrus from doing it and it sure as hell has never and will never stop me. I live at a Christian lodge and that didn’t go down the first few times I tried it until I tagged it twerking for Jesus. So I danced and twerked for Jesus all through the night till they turned off the generator.

Throughout the day a lot of pictures had been taken and the flash from the camera had taken a toll on my eye that the mango hit, before I went to bed I put on dark shades. Watched some snaps and called an old flame that finished my credit, no p there. 

As I was about to crash I got a DM from Twitter as I was about to open it a call came in. it was from Boye. 

Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: