Friday 8 April 2016

The Service Chronicles 19: One and a Half Days




Wednesday was CDS and it was nothing spectacular. I arose early and cooked, to my dismay Nimi, the welfare militant (she is really a militant I lie not) had not changed the cooking timetable. Finished on time and left early for CDS with Koch. By the time we got there; which was not ridiculously late considering the distance from the lodge to the Local Government office where we have our CDS meetings and the fuel scarcity that is ravaging the country, the LGI (Local Government Inspector) had marked cards and the punishment was to wait till four in the evening from Wednesday to Friday before we late comers got to sign our cards and do our clearance. Oh well.  

 CDS was a little bit drab without Boye. Listen to me, you will think I met him since the first day I entered that CDS, I have only spoken to him once during CDS and here I am forming like we have weaved a strong bond of hanging out together during CDS for three months. Shame on me. No! no shame on me, I repeat CDS was drab without Boye,
At a point they were signing for only pregnant women and I had the perfect lie ready. I was going to say I am nine weeks pregnant and I can actually push out my stomach very well to look like a pregnancy. That’s how big my belly is (don’t call me fat o, I just don’t have the body of a victoria secret model) we waited sha but not for as long as was promised and I left that LGA office before 12 noon. I was made the head of some department in my CDS. Got back to the lodge and had my normal routine of boringness. I can’t believe I am saying this but I look forward to going back to work. 

Thursday made it final, my phone is bad and I am very depressed about it, I am honestly at a loss of what t to do. It’s the charging port apparently and the lack of money has made it impossible for me to try and fix it. This mumu people should pay us our allawee sef.  I am now a certified pauper. My money is not up to five zeros and this is panic mode. I find myself constantly anxious these days. Just not knowing what to do about the state of my financial health is making me physically sick. 

So I ran around and looked for a way to charge my phone and I have settled for that desktop thingy.  This is my new life.
Thursday was also a whirlwind of emotions. This holiday has made me useless to myself. Now all I do is sleep and try and read and that is not even working. Once I read a line where money is mentioned or insinuated I start to panic. Thankfully, the panic of lack of money has not followed me into my dreams. I still dream of all the things that may be impossible for me, height, a flat stomach, knowing how to drive a car, being a video vixen, marrying J.Cole, Drake and Chris Brown. But since I used the word may all these things can still happen especially the marriages to the aforementioned men.  I have a grand plan and I promise not to share it with you. 

Saw a good movie Third Person  I have to say I like the arrangement of the plot, don’t worry I won’t get technical on you and form like I know all the proper terms to use when critiquing a movie.  Wrote my message for the following day with the help of Reverend Koch (he isn’t a Reverend I just like to call him that sometimes.). At the lodge during morning devotions we usually have messages delivered to us by fellow members of the fellowship.  I was to take the one for Friday. I will tell you how it was in the next entry don’t rush me or yourself. 

By four we had our weekly fellowship which turned into something totally unexpected. We had a pastor from House on The Rock Ilorin come to teach us and I just have to say the Holy Spirit moved. Oh and my sight is better, just a teeny weeny bit. I still need my glasses though.
After the extended version of the service, I had a talk with the one and only Churchill, he is a guy who girls like to flow with so I call all his friends that are girls his wives and I am his concubine. He tried to flirt but I quickly doused any flame that might cause in me. 

The night was well spent, I am honestly trying my best to be fine without my phone and I am doing a mess of it.  Before I slept something marvelous happened, Mildred; the bible study coordinator asked how my message was going and I gave her a preview and she said it was okay. Then she asked me if I could speak in tongues and I said no. Well we prayed and I have to say the more we prayed I stopped speaking in English and that is the only language I speak fluently. I was praying in something I do not understand. I just might have been baptized in the Holy Ghost. Yesterday was full of tears. I am not sure how am supposed to act now, I guess I need the guidance of God. 

Tomorrow I will tell you what I found out about Boye and I have to say we will not like it.  
Nkem Oyaghire 

No comments: