Friday 15 April 2016

The Service Chronicles 25: Mango Missile.




Yesterday; Wednesday was full of activity for me. It started with the normal preparation of breakfast of rice and stew for about forty one people. I even finished on time but laziness did not permit me to leave for CDS. Like he sat me down, that is Laziness and whispered reasons why I should not go, they were not valid but I love him so much like I just had to agree with him, especially as I have been ignoring him for too long.

Gisted with that wicked Jennifer girl, we had a long talk and played a round in the Ludo tournament. Then Seun (lodge fellow) came with his big head and tried to challenge us, we sent him back to his village.
Played around as usual and then started a very nice movie Effie Gray before I finally cajoled Joseph Cathedral to follow me to Challenge to fix my phone he said he wasn’t ready so I just dallied with my movie. 

Then Papa that is the president of the fellowship asked me to go and pay money into someone’s account.  By 12:55 I rose from my slumber and trudged to a bike and went to Diamond bank under five minutes I was back. Tried to read to no avail, and then continued my movie. Around two Mr. Cathedral called me to meet him at UBA at Challenge, but there are two UBAs at Challenge, even after I asked for a great description which he kinda gave, I still went to the wrong one. After five minutes of waiting I had to find my way back to the correct UBA upon getting there we entered Computer village in Ilorin, not so bad for a mini CV.

The guy that even fixed my phone is a corper too. But I think he cheated me, because Koch also had to fix his charging port but he got there earlier than we did and the guy he gave his phone to fix charged him cheaper than he did us. Well well as long as my phone is fine I really don’t care.

After that I headed home I was about to board a bike when I saw a guy from my school; Redeemer’s 
University. I can’t remember his name but I know he was their departmental president. Said my hellos and headed home. I branched at Shoprite saw Hotstuff with two other guys from the lodge said my hellos again and moved on. The plan was to just withdraw and get out but then I saw Uju and Peter and they wanted to get Ice cream for themselves to celebrate Uju’s birthday, well I couldn’t pass this opportunity up, so I begged for ice cream and got one. Left to withdraw and that nonsense Jennifer girl ( I love her though) requested for Chicken and Chips (allawee is working) so I went back in and bought that. Then we all sat somewhere that is Peter, Uju and I and had our snacks. Then Ada joined us. That is when I heard something scary. Apparently the LI was describing me, he had noticed I didn’t come for Zonal meeting and then he mentioned that I wear a certain jewelry that he should not have been able to notice. This is just proof that 
people are always watching.

Hot stuff and the two guys he was with joined us and we all left for the lodge. I left with Hot stuff’s hat and I am protecting it like it is my baby.

The outgoing Batch A boys and girls had a football match, after watching it for a while which was ridiculously humorous (sorry if the grammar is too much I get carried away sometimes). I went to have my bath. So I stepped out decked in black on black even up to the hat on my head.

Now I this is where I had an almighty accident.

While I walked back to the game, I saw Michael we call him Lehi or Mazi Mango (his mango plucking skills is the best I have ever seen) so while I walked past him, he threw a mango at four mangos up in tree and they all fell down. I have never seen that in my entire life, so I started yelling his praise name which is Mazi Mango, so he threw one at me for me to catch and eat but because I am terrible at anything that may be close to a sport the mango hit me straight in the eye. I have to say that the first thing I felt was fear not pain. I was wondering if this damages my already damaged eye, what will I na use; binoculars? I sank to my knees and started rocking back and forth I just wanted someone to hug me. Then Uju came and I just hugged her and it was almost better. Then I stood up and my eye was blurry.

I managed to do Papa’s slide then went to Shoprite. Then I saw this fineeeeeee boy. Chai!!! Bobo toh fine! Ewoo!!! I just can’t explain.  Well well. Went to ask Pharmacy boyfriend to examine the eye; I was assured that I would be fine.

Got back to the lodge, anchored the Valedictory speeches for that night. It was the last one for this set. I am really grateful for that. 

Then I had a meeting with the ACF hangout crew and like usual it was full of laughs. The lodge is the best thing that happened to me so far during this service year. 

Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: