Thursday 21 April 2016

The Service Chronicles 30: Puppy Faces.





Wednesday came and I woke up early enough to brush my teeth and put on some clothes. Then I woke everybody up, the usual people dragged their feet but I was nursing my anger from the previous night so I just played games while they did their business. I honestly could not be bothered. 
By 6 I strolled to the church and Jennifer was just leaving her apartment to join us for devotion. She is a Corper whose PPA is in the Bishop’s Court and she doesn’t need to stay at the lodge with the ACF corpers. So she had accommodation behind the lodge but she had to wait for the girls staying there to vacate the premises before she moved in and now that they have passed out, she is now a landlady. 

I can’t even wait for the mumu girl to buy her kitchen utensils and gas so that I can cook in her kitchen and not give her anything I cook. This is my pay back plan for all her wickedness. She will beg me to give her food from her kitchen and I will refuse and hide the pot. This is all so exciting. (if you like call me naughty, na you know)

During the devotion the committee for Pre-fishing and Fishing; Fishing is what we do to get more people at the fellowship. It’s in reference to when Jesus told his disciples in Matthew (or so I think) that he will make them fishers of men. Blah blah blah. We even need to take this very serious and get more girls to stay at the lodge because we are currently just five batch a girls at the lodge. I have to say that it has not been easy. 

They prayed for us and introduced us to the house. After devotion I quickly did my chores, and then prepared for CDS. I didn’t do it with much ginger after all Boye would not be there. I got there just in time with Koch and Tobe, we all stay at the lodge and are in the same Local Government and CDS group. We are actually four of us with this same statistics (I hope that’s the correct term) but IK travelled. Anywho we got there after blowing so much money on transport. Chai!!! Times are hard. 

CDS finished on time, our new president does not send and our supervisor was not around. So by twelve I 
was back home, since I had eaten my breakfast since, there was nothing else to munch one. 

I quelled (big grammar is part of me ma binu) my boredom by doing the funny snapchat filters for everybody. Some people had really cute puppy faces others didn’t. Koch had a cool one. 

The heat was getting to me so in my excitement I asked some people to follow me to the pool. At the end of the day I had to resort to taking just a shower and change of clothes. All these wicked people that want heat to kill all of us here refused to follow me to the pool. 

Then I sat down to write my interview questions. They weren’t dope but I think I tried. I had gone to see the Pharmacist and I was going to go to here house by Five p.m. 

Layo came around and she helped me with the questions. So we set off to Tanke; found the Pharmacist’s house and got in. the place was beautiful. Large compound and cute rooms, it was a hostel of self-cons and the arrangement was really nice. Everybody had a blue DSTV dish (I think that is GOTV) and it just added to the beauty of the compound. 

She previewed the questions and said she wouldn’t answer a particular one. Then we started the interviews, hmm. If you ask me how it went I would say I am not so sure. I just wasn’t okay with it, I still feel like I underperformed. This is my first time doing this kind of thing. 

I wouldn’t know for sure until I see my boss at Ray Power. Then Layo and the Pharmacist lady didn’t get along quite well. 

Around seven we left her place and headed to our different locations. Layo to Basin and I to Fate ( I just realized that those locations have English spelling but Fate doesn’t not have an English pronunciation Basin does) as I walked into the compound I quickly went to submit my cooler and as I lay on my bed to snooze a little.
One of the people I don’t like called me, I agreed to see him but as I was rounding up the call a call from Boye came in and I picked it. 

He said he was leaving work and was wondering if he could drop by and of course I said yes, called the other fella and told him not to come again. 

Boye came and we just talked for a long while, I think he has trust issues but in general he is cool guy. He is a regular dude in fact, but he is a funny person. While i sat in his car with my feet on his dashboard, two people from the lodge passed by. The first person was Police baby and he is a cool somebody, the second was the President of the fellowship; Papa. I am still waiting for him to mention it to me, but so far he hasn't. 
Got back in time for devotion walked into the common room and saw people gathered before the TV watching; Guardians of the Galaxy. We had devotion which spanned longer than unnecessary and we were supposed to have a meeting, that is the fishermen and women committee. You see why I hate committees. I ran away to eat and watch Kung Fu panda 3.

When something beautiful happened.   

Nkem Oyaghire


No comments: