Wednesday 10 September 2014

Your Mistakes

Don't mistake my smiles for naivety,
they are my means of finding joy in this dark world.
Don't mistake my big eyes for innocence,
they are there to read through your facade.
Don't mistake my glasses for smartness, they are result of my effervescent love for garri.

Or the fast way I talk for boldness,
it's one of my defence mechanisms.
Don't mistake my never ending hyperactivity for childishness,
It is my outlet for the energy I have in abundance.
Don't mistake my silence for foolishness
sometimes I need to be silent to detect your lies.
Or my tears as a sign of weakness,
I purge myself of the sadness you cause with them
Most of all don't mistake my gender as a tool for exploitation,
Cos we are humans first before we are male or female.
@nkemoyaghire

No comments: