Wednesday 10 September 2014

How I Met Your Father


It was a dark and stormy night when it happened. I had planned to go and visit my sister before the rain started, now I was parked under a tree waiting out the rain, five minutes into my sleep, I heard a tap on my window. It was a man, warily I wound down my window, he told me he needed some shelter if I would let him come inside my car, throwing caution to the wind and embracing the naïve Samaritan in me I let a complete stranger into my car. I tried to start a conversation with him but it was obvious he wasn’t interested.
The last thing I remembered is this stranger bashing my head against my steering wheel. I woke up tied to a chair and my lips sealed. I was in a dark and dank room it looked like a basement; the fear that enveloped me is synonymous to that of a person beside a suicide bomber. Minutes after struggling to get free of the knots that held me bound, I heard the stranger’s voice and he said “struggling is pointless”.
I tried to speak but my mouth was sealed shut, he then said “I have been watching you, I have tried so hard to talk to you, your mesmerizing beauty has held me in awe for the past 6 months.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, he continued “but today God finally decided to smile upon me, I couldn’t contain the joy I felt from seeing your car I knew I had to talk to you but the moment I got into the car I couldn’t help myself, you belong to me and you are never leaving here” at the utterance of that last statement tears started to flow down my cheeks.
He walked forward and wiped my tears slowly and softly. His big hands cupping my face. Terror was the only thing I felt, he began to remove the gag and proceeded to kiss me, repulsiveness joined the feeling of terror, his big hands moved to caress my breasts. I was soo sick all I wanted to do was throw up. Just to think I really didn’t want to visit my sister.He bent low to nibble my earlobe and bite the nape of my neck, while his hands moved to unzip my trousers all the while I helplessly let all this happen. The moment is started crying and begging he got angry and as the crying escalated so did his anger, he kept shouting at me to shut up that I was his personal doll and he wasn’t letting me go. He had gotten me and no one else was going to take me from him, but that didn’t abate the tears. He got soo mad that he slapped me hard. When I came to I was naked on a bed and I felt sore all over.
I have been here for in this dark room for a long time, at least I get to have my bath and meals sometimes. I still hope for the day when I will come out. I have lost track of the days and being continually raped. The child I had for the stranger I haven’t seen.
Every day I reflect to why I opened my door to the father of my child and regretted it. The day I found this pen and pencil I decided to to write this to tell my story to my child, from all the signs I am seeing I think you are going to have a little brother or sister. Please be the mother I will not be to him. “My name is Danielle and I’m your mother.”

No comments: