Wednesday 10 September 2014

To My Coy Mistresses

Of all the attributes of a woman, one of the most difficult to understand, and there are a lot of things I don't understand about us female folk, is our coyness. Oh God! Do we have to be soo damn coy? I sometimes feel sad for the guys that suffer from the coyness but it's part of the total package called The Woman.
What is coyness? Coyness can be said to mean the act of pretending or acting shy to get peoples' interest. In lay man terms it simply means "shakara". There are two types of coyness,
the I-want-to-eat-my-cake-and-have-it coyness, which is having a backup plan and a relationship. Perfect example; a fair lady I know was having a conversation with her "friend". Now this "friend" has been on her case for a long time and at the same time a boyfriend is in the picture. The boyfriend she "likes" and the friend she loves but doesn't "trust" so instead of having a normal relationship with this dude they have a "thing", this thing allows her to have a boyfriend but the friend can't date any other girl. In my opinion I don't think it fair on the friend and boyfriend cos you are wasting both of them's time, but indecisiveness won't let her pick one.
The second type of coyness is the Let me-think-about-it coyness. I hate to say this but YOLO really does apply to humans, our mortality is soo short you can't afford to waste time, with answers like "let me think about it" or "you will have your answer tomorrow". If you know you are going to give that answer don't even try to encourage him, in that area. Now I’m fully aware of the decency and not seeming cheap thingy, but prolonging the matter doesn't work he will just move on. News flash they can't read minds and if you hesitate, he will lose interest and find the next one whose tomorrow isn't three weeks long.
Therefore; today I beg of girls and ask that if you fall in category one; pick one of the dudes and don't cause a repeat of Helen of Troy, or category two just say yes if you really want him or no if you can't get past the friend zone.

"Had we but world enough, and time" This coyness, lady, were no crime. Andrew Marvell.

@nkemoyaghire

No comments: