Wednesday 10 September 2014

A Bleak Future

I was talking to the boy I love the most and we had this argument on what the future will be like especially that of this generation and the argument was based on whether or not the future will be good. He spoke vehemently for the great future we are going to have and I couldn’t help laughing, trust me I picked the true side, which we can all see and it is the fact, that this generation if care is not taken will be worse than its predecessors.
Forgive me for not trying to see the good in people and the World, and all that blah blah nonsense, but if we look at the different actions of the young people of this time we can see a pattern heading to a deteriorating state. Let me give a beautiful example, I met this dude, we exchange numbers and get talking, the topic of the best state in Nigeria comes up; I say Lagos and he says Port Harcourt. Now this guy lives in Lagos, then guy why do you think Port Harcourt is better than Lagos, cos Lagos is wayyyy better that PH.
You won't believe the reason for that statement. He says cos kidnappers are making it in Port Harcourt. I was astounded. Of all reasons under the sun, your dumb brain only picked that. Wow!!! You already have a plan, no sorry your wonderful parents have the plan to make your life better by spending so much money to pay for a good education but no, you chose to waste it by even thinking up such an absurd idea. How many kidnapping jobs do you want to do before you finally retire?
Tell me again why this generation is going to be better or even how, cos I need a huge proof. I'm sorry to proclaim loud that we are headed for doom. But it is the truth. Another beautiful example; People are lining up at a bus stop and then from nowhere a bunch of hoodlums come and disrupt the line that was beautifully long, why don't you carry your good for nothing asses to the back of the line and start form where the people in front started from, then they open their filthy mouths and say the government is terrible. How won't it be? When people like the youths of this generation are the ones controlling power.
These days we have young adults whose aims are to get at least 10 followers on Twitter per week, and a hundred likes on Instagram, it’s good to be ambitious, but with your creative ability to edit pictures you can’t boast of something worthwhile you have done under a week. I always hated this slogan “we are the leaders of tomorrow” but like play play we really are the leaders of tomorrow. To be sincere; with the way we are going I don’t see how different or even better we are going to be from the people there.
Colour me pessimistic but baby, open your eyes and see what I see, I don't need to smoke a kilo of weed to see the imminent future or the truth; this generation is not ready for the future. The youths of this generation please don't break his heart and try your hardest to prove me wrong.
@nkemoyaghire
Please kindly drop your comments.

No comments: