Sunday 20 March 2016

The Service Chronicles 4: Telephone Conversation

Yes he has a girlfriend and I know her. Very sweet girl had a chat with her once. She had been stranded one night and had to crash at the lodge. We had a talk about natural hair and stuff that is good for it (yes, it’s true I joined the natural hair movement and it is not easy.) In general she is a good girl.


When Godswill told me about her I was a little bit disappointed. I am also wondering as you’re; why I would be disappointed after all he is just a guy that took my number and calls me every other day, but we also know that when we meet an incredibly cute guy (and he is really cute) we begin to pray deep down that he is unattached and that he has never ever been involved with any girl in the past who can rear up her head and destroy your new found joy.  But this never ever happens and this case is no different.


By nine-thirty I had to fulfill my librarian duties at the lodge. Funny story; my library is in the male section of the lodge. When I found out I did a secret dance, secret because people cannot know I’m a pervert. Don’t tell anybody. So on this particular occasion of fulfilling librarian duties, something exciting happened in my drab office. I walked in on two guys who were kinda naked. One was shirtless and damn! He is hot. I will not stop calling him hot stuff. (I just broke into a sweat remembering him shirtless.) O! Lord I’m a sinner, do forgive me. The other guy I think only had on a pair of boxer shorts and he was so shy. I think he is really cute; he’s like a big fuzzy bear and this I do not lie about this. He is my police baby, this is because he studied Criminology. 

To get over my disappointment of the girlfriend and to get the image of Hot stuff out of my mind I did the most grown up thing I could think of and buried myself in work. So after lazing about for a few hours; after all it was a Saturday and I deserve to be extra lazy on a weekend. I headed to school to rectify some mistakes in my recording. That was to be expected, I really hate figures and not to make a mistake when handling so many of them would be as shocking as a second virgin birth. 

After correcting my recording errors I proceeded to record the marks in their report sheet only to be slapped in the face by bad news. At the school where I teach; when exams are over there is a rush for the report booklets. Teachers immediately want their scores to be recorded so that they can dust their hands off them early. On Friday in a bid to be done with all of this recording mess I had rushed to the VP Academic’s office feeling really fly. In my mind I had beat all the other teachers to the chase. 

Saw some of the desired booklets, while searching for the others I was shooed away by some old lady in a language I couldn’t understand. I still felt good; I had gotten some of the required booklets. This is why yesterday I was so angry, after correcting my errors I noticed that the booklets I had lugged halfway across the school while refusing the assistance of students were not the correct ones. They were for a higher class, but the bloody booklets had been tagged SS1A while they for girls in SS2A. This was a moment where I would have broken all the walls in my office just with the heat that my anger will cause and run without touching the ground to the house of the class teacher and rip out each of his fingers for improperly labeling the booklets. But my only super ability is maybe good guesswork and I think every other human has that. Sad stuff.

To my lodge I trudged back, completely dejected and depressed. To my power point I returned to prepare the next slide. I create the slides for a program at the lodge.
After the night devotion I decided to sit outside and enjoy the night breeze when I found myself dialing a certain number. Before my brain yelled no the voice from the other side said “hello”. 


My hand had dialed Boye!

Oh my. We talked. That was the best twenty three minutes of the week. Apparently he likes cake with weed. That is what I will bake for our wedding. The conversation was crazy fun and interesting. It’s a pity we can only be friends.  As we said our goodnights with me being extremely grateful to GLO for the free credit that made it all possible, I invited him for a concert we are holding at the lodge. He said he would do his best.

As I dropped the call, a text came in that will change it all.

Your Comments will be highly appreciated.
Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: