Tuesday 29 March 2016

The Man I Know.




I know a boy
Who is not perfect,
For perfection is a notion nobody will ever attain.
Might love him,I would say I can love him
Maybe love him.
One day would be min
Not to jump into conclusions

For he is pledged to another.
Six months late.
For I was busy obtaining
A degree;
A degree that is substandard.

I know a boy.
Who will not fiddle with my heart
Like he fiddles with keys.
For him I would learn the notes I know not.
For him I would learn things beyond my grasp.
For him I just might;
No scrap that
I will learn mathematics.
He is not a boy.
My bad,
He is a man who can love the child in me.
He is a man who will respect my learning process.
A man who will hold my hand,
As I ascend the long stairway of womanhood.
Forever will he tease
Not just my height but my age.

Ancient of days.
You that could be a big brother.
But my head won't respect herself
And my heart is still a learner.
So I see myself falling.
Deeper than I had not planned to.
Deeper than six feet
For this hole
Lacks a bottom.
And as I fall
Deeper will I dig.
I need to remember
It was a crush.
Now I feel squashed
With all I feel.
I don't want to want you.
But I can't stop smiling at you.
And I can't stop to want
I can't stop to say your name.
And with each letter I utter.
All I hear is "young lady control yourself"
But I can't stop.
For with every moment I see you
With your lazy swagger of a walk
And your incredibly flat nose.
I still want you.
  
Nkem Oyaghire

2 comments:

ProSyd said...

Lol.... Please never stop writing 👏😅

Nkem said...

I wikk do my best not to.