Sunday 1 May 2016

The Service Chronicles 35: No Zonal Meeting




Thursdays are the worst days of the week for me. I guess it is because nothing ever really happens. It’s my free day at school so I don’t get to go anywhere. Although; last term I had evening lessons on Thursday but that was all. 

This Thursday was a tad bit different from my regular Thursdays here. I had some writing to do and many errands to run. My phone is acting up again so I had to take it back to the empty headed stupid technician that fixed it, then I had to look for a doctor to interview for my show on Saturday and I still hadn’t written my script for the show. 

I swear I don’t know what my problem is; maybe I need to learn how to manage my time or borrow some from some people. But that is also impossible. 

Well I did my normal morning devotion business. Oh before I forget, we were supposed to have zonal meeting but thanks to the mighty God I serve who will not allow me to spend money I don’t have on transport to that ridiculously far place where my zonal meeting holds or let me engage in any completely unnecessary event like zonal meeting, it didn’t hold. 

Ilorin South had zonal meeting but we in Ilorin West didn’t. My mind just knew it wouldn’t hold and even if it was going to hold I had made up my beautiful mind that I wasn’t going anywhere. 

I did my hallelujah dance which is a twerk to the one and only lover of my soul; Jesus. After devotion I did my chores. I tried to set questions I would ask the doctor I would interview for my show but I didn’t know what I could possibly ask about malaria (topic for the week) so I cheated (this is my confession; not in Usher’s voice). I won’t tell you why and how just know that I did a very bad thing. Then I faced my one true boyfriend; my laptop and went to a hall where there was light to write. I had a lot of laughs while I did that, I swear I don’t know why maybe it because sometimes a screw is loosened somewhere in my head and my beautiful mind turns into a nightmare. While I wrote I got a call from Gbade which was quite shocking, he said he needed to see me.

 Anywho after writing, the realization that my phone was bad again hit me with so much force. The panic mode I entered was uber crazy. I was so mad. It was the kind of situation that requires pills, vodka and then sleep to make you calm. The only pills I have are antibiotics and pain killers. They are not even super pain killers. I also lack vodka and all kinds of alcohol. I really don’t know how I am supposed to calm down in such a terrible situation. Oh yes! I have sleep. So I slept and forgot my problem, pity that they were still there when I woke up. 

When I woke up I had my bath and headed for that stupid technician’s shop. I wasn’t even this angry as at that time it is just that the anger has elevated from its previous state. The only thing this idiot (yes I get very insulting when I am angry) did to my phone was make it charge when it is turned off. Like I don’t know how that is supposed to help. I sha left with my very dilapidated phone. 

Off to a hospital to talk to a doctor, I picked one not too far from the lodge; the doctors on seat couldn’t talk to me. One had a cold and the other said he didn’t know a lot on malaria (like really!!!) so they referred me to another one. 

When I got back to the lodge, fellowship was going on so I stepped into the church and joined the service, which didn’t end to long after I had sat sown. 

Yemi my lover was around as she had promised earlier in the day. And she had come with food; Yam pottage, yum yum. 

After fellowship we settled down with our food and remained for that Jennifer girl. The nonsense girl shortened my ration. I have to punish her for it or I shouldn’t’?

 She had even gone out, when she came back she told Yemi and I that someone had told her we were gossiping about her. The girl that told her that lie is a straight up bitch. We all here know that, she is the kind that likes to gossip about people and sow seeds of discord amongst friends.

When I was done with my meal I continued my Dark Angel.

Around nine or so I went to see Gbade because it seemed like he really needed to talk to me, only for this boy to do the worst thing ever.
 

Nkem Oyaghire 

No comments: