Thursday 5 May 2016

The Service Chronicles 41: Okro Soup



It was Ola I called, I have mentioned him before but I didn’t tell us the depth of our relationship. He is just not a friend and at this point I warn that if any of you should attempt to see me in any other way than I really am; which is an angel who knows no evil but enjoys experimenting, I would bring out my pot from under my bed (it is even getting dusty). Don’t ever get that image out of your minds until I tell you so. 
Ola is a guy I used to extensively make out with, extensively the major word in that sentence. You see the problem with doing plenty grown up things especially bad grown up things is that if you are a learner like me you may catch feelings and heck I caught them o. Was sick on them for a long time and because Ola said he just wanted to live his life and to me that means he wanted to just have lots of fun, I knew nothing would come out of all of that. In the beginning I didn’t mind, I was thinking I was a boss ass bitch, until I caught feelings and I remembered I am just a learner. 

Due to the sickness of catching feelings I had to get out of it and we didn’t really speak for more than a month. This is a guy that is in my CDS that I used to talk to everyday and go to his house more than once a week and we live in at two different cardinal points in Ilorin, him in Ilorin West and me in Ilorin South, I still found a way to carry my ass to his house, plus my school is not far from his house. 

Now six weeks later I call him on a rainy night and I drop a bombshell on him. It’s not pregnancy (I’m sure my enemies everywhere are thinking it is) and this girl prides herself in being extra extra careful. I told him about the sickness I had (catching feelings o not AIDS) and we just had a talk that made me realize I should have gone to bed instead of calling him. 

To make matters worse I was going to see him at CDS the next day. 

I got there late as usual because I am a landlord and shareholder in that CDS and I really don’t care if I get there late or early. 

I am a liar, I really tried to get there early but my Khaki started raining buttons and on this particular morning I looked like a whale in mine, and I sure as hell can’t go there looking like I belong in sea world with my other whale friends. 

I did see him and because I am a sharp girl I told him a different reason for calling and saying all the nonsense I had said the night before. The new reason was also true but it was less silly.

I headed to school for my classes and I had as much fun as I always do in my classes, collected some money the schooled owed me, they still owe me more. 

My madam moved our office to a new office in the library and I have to say this room is every bookworm’s fantasy. It is filled with Old books, books form 1958 and 68. I just keep taking more books that I am not ready to read but will read eventually. I swear I can’t wait to move in there. I will just forget myself in this office.


I took one more book from the library and I headed to a gym. Not for the reason you are hoping for. I am too lazy to get my ass to a gym or even exercise and I am too broke to sign up to a gym. Allawee is way too small. My next episode on radio is on physical fitness (don’t call me hypocrite) I want to advice people to work on themselves while I ginger my ass to run one day. I went there to look for a gym trainer and I found one who is more than willing to do it. Hallelujah for that.

Went to use the ATM and after waiting in line forever and getting to the front I look into my purse for my ATM card. Ta-da it wasn’t there, I almost ripped all the machines out, but because I don’t even have the power to lift myself out of bed sometimes talkless rip out an ATM I just walked away and went to get my card.

It is my turn to cook on Wednesdays and it is Okro soup. Chai! I had prayed all day that there won’t be okro but I didn’t tell God in tongues so that he would understand the gravity of my reluctance to making this soup which is why when I returned from my second trip to the ATM I met Jennifer grating Okro for me. I am telling you now that I had a terrible evening, grating Okro for thirty five people. 

I don’t even want to think of the horror of the stress I went through. God bless Maggie. This is the only girl in the lodge that has no qualms cooking in the kitchen back to back. She loves cooking, I thought I liked to cook until I met Maggie, her name fits her. And she can cook o. I don’t care if I sound corny, her husband will enjoy her for this! She came in and took over. The meal was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jennifer the wicked girl was there and she was just carrying face, I don’t know who annoyed her big head.

We had devotion that was turnt, cool stuff and after that I called Boye and the last thing I remember is taking off my clothes.

No comments: