Sunday 1 May 2016

The Service Chronicles 37: The Next Cut





I woke up by seven on Saturday like I had told that doubting Thomas Jennifer girl. Set myself to my hair and loosened it in less than two hours. I have to say my hair is not growing longer but bigger. Koch and Ify (my latest crush, he will kill for this. I love you honey) have started calling Huey from Boondocks (unnecessary exaggeration). I don’t even know what the niggas hair looks like. 

 Washed the mini monstrosity of a hair and had my bath. With that out of the way I waited for the almighty beans they were cooking to get ready, the wait looked like it would be too long. I went back to bed. 

By the time I woke up, I couldn’t see in front of me. Hunger was my new sight, so I walked out and looked for garri, which I got. When I was walking back into the lodge I saw Gbade coming from afar and I took another path. There was a point where he would have gotten to and he would see me. To avoid that I almost ran (true to God) but I didn’t and because he is trying to mend that stupid thing he did he yelled a greeting out to me and I replied with a grunt. Kidnapper still wanted to see me but I honestly could not be bothered. I don’t want somebody to come and spoil me I am a good child ( I know that is not what he meant) 

Had my lunch of beans and plenty garri. As I ate I watched my Dark Angel and almost forgot I had a movie to get to. Oh yes that is true I didn’t tell you guys. At Ray Power they have this show where you call, answer a question correctly and get a movie voucher that gives you free access to a particular movie with free popcorn and a drink. So I had asked my boss to give me one of such tickets and she had obliged. I hadn’t been to the movies lately; no money. 

So I earnestly looked forward to this movie which is why missing it would have been disastrous. I got to the cinema at the time they had said the movie would start and I saw Alex there. The previous day when Alex and I had had a chat I got to find out his numerous nasty nicknames, some I can’t be bothered to remember. Did I say some I meant most; the only one I remember is Sugar Puff Daddy. Like I really don’t know what that means. Al ex is not a tall, dark and handsome nigga; he is a short dark and handsome nigga. That loves chicks BBB (big bold and beautiful). He is a cool dude in all.  Well I saw him and he said they movie was now for 6:30 this was a movie that had been initially scheduled for 5:30. 

No qualms, I asked Alex where he was carrying his ass to and he said GQ lounge. That place had a retarded name; the full meaning of GQ is Gentlemen’s Quarters which makes the name of that mumu place Gentlemen’s Quarters Lounge? Like shoot me. And the worst part of this place is that every night they disturb my sleep with their terribly loud music. I got in with Alex and it was just there, like just there. I met his friends and I thought one of them was cute but all he wanted to know was if I had any friend that looks like a model. He kept saying fit. With each time he said fit I wanted to hit something. Alex likes BBB girls and he likes fit girls. I just have to say that the general conversation was funny for me and disappointing for them.
By the time we got back to the cinema I parted ways with them and found my way to a seat.  Few minutes later they dragged themselves inside.

The movie was fun, a lot of laughs and Nicki is just hot. I swear I have no words.

The movie ended and I found my way around Shoprite and then home. There was no food for me so I had coaster. Oh yes! I forgot I am poor. I have never been this broke in my life. Prostitution seems like a great idea to me right now. (Layo thinks I’m joking. Somebody tell her I am not)

After night devotion I had a talk with Churchill and his new shadow was hanging around him like usual. Like I think of two of them and my empty stomach churns in anger, what do you think happens when I see them together? Good thing he is going away this weekend.

The rains fell heavily and I just had a terrible night. I kept waking up and the mosquitos didn’t leave me alone.

To compound matters Gentlemen’s Quarters Lounge (SMH) was making a lot of noise as usual. Mumu People.

Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: