Saturday 4 June 2016

Opposites Attract




We are polar opposites
You are brave as a lion
I am timid as a sheep.
You can devour me in one look
And in your gaze I melt like chocolate.

Polar opposites we are
Adventurous as Tarzan
And limited as Jane.
You with your eyes full of age and experience
And me with childlike wonder I stare at you.

Adonis face and lanky but firm body.
Skin the colour of warm chocolate.
Just like the rest of them.
You are grown beyond your years
And will forever remain a puzzle to me
For in the large maze of your head I meet too many walls
Tagged with "you have no idea"

You infuriate me and I like it.
I am confounded in your presence
Yet I can't leave you.
I am a foolish girl and I don't care.


We are polar opposites;
You and I.
And because science is a bitch.
And I am sucker
My positive is attracted to your negative
Constantly plugged in and waiting for a frequency from you.

Polar opposites we are
Yet you are not attracted. 

Nkem Oyaghire 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...y d hell is he not attracted...eva thot of makin him climb d Eiffel tower...?

NC.

Nkem said...

Thank you. ☺

Nkem said...

Lol. Eiffel tower, Churchill?

ProSyd said...

lol....nice