Monday 13 June 2016

Hopelessly Hopeful



I am hopelessly hopeful

A hapless daydreamer
A believer of things that may not be
Christians call this faith
I am one and I know I am too fearful to have it.

I am what you will call an escapist.
Into the realms of books and movies I bury myself
Only to resurrect when completely necessary.
To say I believe in the average things of the average man is a lie.
My mind is never with me.
Which usually makes me useless, only sometimes.
I am the girl in Coldplay’s Paradise.
I am that girl whose feet is above the earth,
I am the woman who calls herself a girl.
I am that adult who has refused to grow.
For I have not met one person
Who makes me aspire to adulthood.
I am the person who envies the lives led by babies.
I am hopelessly hopeful.  
For things that may be.
I am that person who hopes to relive life as a child. 
Or am I weird?

Nkem Oyaghire


4 comments:

Nyx said...

"I am that girl whose feet is above the earth,
I am the woman who calls herself a girl.
I am that adult who has refused to grow.'

This is me talking

Nkem said...

😊

Unknown said...

You just read my heart out.👏

Nkem said...

You're welcome.😀