Sunday 27 September 2015

Mundane Sunday


Call to service; 8:00
The pews shall fill up by 7:30
With cracked knees and tightly clasped palms.
Their lips utter supplications and entreaties 
To the almighty who hears;
But may withhold answers or solutions.

I shall follow on the heels of she that birthed me
Today she will cry like always
For father to return to his good ol ways.
Whimper feverishly for that unduly deserved promotion
And pray fervently for all unseen forces to die.
I will sit-still beside her and bide time
Watch the second hand pursue the minute hand
Silently drift off to places unknown 
Kneel and stand in tune with the service.
Like a well oiled cog I will follow the motions 
Of the perfect machine that is a Sunday service.
When the time comes share the grace
Wish my neighbour peace.
On my mother's heels will I follow-out.
Welcome to my mundane Sunday. 
Ms Oyaghire

No comments: