Monday 29 August 2016

Guilty Pleasure



The devil is before me
With his lies
Dangling the fruit, I dare not
Taste or dream of.
With his sweet voice and
Smile of poison
Leads me on a path
Riddled with hidden secrets
And enclaves of lies.
My feet involuntarily move on
I am getting dragged
Drowning and doused
In his lies of roses.
Thorns of invisibility
And there I lay.

Let him kiss me
With his lethal being
Sip from his dripping
Pool of venom
And he tastes good
But he's not you.
With the urgency of a rape
Tears me apart.
With calloused fingers
And a large palm.
Cups my tiny frame
Rocks me till my eyes drop.
And when he puts his tongue
In me
As loud as five horns will I cry
from the pain of pleasure.
Writhe from the sheer bliss
Of him.
As distant as the cock crow
Of five AM
I hear the promise of your love;
But my heart palpitates
To the rhythm of his dance;
Rocky and fast.
Breathless and guilty
He makes me.

The devil is before me
With a smile of venom.
Dangling the fruit, I dare not
And I took a bite.

Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: