Sunday 21 August 2016

Temptation



I am slipping;
Falling with no obstacles.
The temptations of things
I need not.

The allure of possessions
And the promise of comfort
Dance before me.
Social media, fans the flames of greed
Snap chat makes it worse;
Instagram with her sales
And Twitter with her fights.
The drought of money,
The allusion of content
Taunt me.

The whispers of escapades
Of money getting
By means not illegitimate
But avenues of defilement.
Drift to ears, willing and ready
Yearning to hear and learn tricks of how.
I am too naive
For these worldly ways.

But my mind wraps
Her filthy self in these thoughts
Of the dirty struggle.
To offer myself up
For the things I desire
But need not.
It is easier imagined
Than done.

I am slipping
And the hands of the root of evil.
Are grabbing
The cat calls
And vehicles of men unknown
Encourage.
I am slipping
With no obstacles.
And greed promises
The fall would be worth it.

Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: