Friday 9 October 2015

Black Sheep.


Bla bla black sheep
Have I any wool?
Well yes.
I have a bag full of blackness.
Warm soft wool,
To rid you of some good.
A luggage of my wonderful vices
Spilling out and bursting full
Like Santa’s bag on Christmas eve.
Unabashed, I will flaunt them,
Parade them like they deserve to.
Like a proud Soldier they are my medals of honour
They are my defining elements,
My descriptive features

In my trail follows disappointment and heartache
Behind me runs the tears of they who love me,
They who have not the slightest inkling of what I am.
Without a care or regard for your hearts
I pledge to ignore your pleas.

I am the black sheep
On that long winding road
To seemingly destruction.
I am the black Sheep,
Who never will listen
Who never will you hear
I am the black Sheep 
Who will not only bring you shame,
But promise to shower on you pain. 
Nkem Oyaghire