Friday 20 March 2015

Words to Them.


I love my sisters
We are not connected by bonds of blood
Nor ties of DNA
Rather we have bonds of stories told
Of tears shed, hugs offered and prayers said.

We have love for each other
That will fail but still stands
Love that will be tested
By the sweet temptation of boys,
The clashing conflictions of interest.
Any other trivial issues of Venus;
The planet of women.
May rise like a beast,
Attempt and try to waver and sever.
Voices raised and fists clenched
Palms outstretched and eyes bulging
Legs at ease and arms akimbo
The stances we have when love is administered
Either by a rebuke or in excitement.
My mountain of confidence,
And my canopy of love.
My karaoke and dancing partners,
recipes swappers
And companions in crime and in joy.
My sisters, not of blood
But of stories yet untold.
Of children unborn and of husbands unwed
For the love I feel for you
Will and should stand
Come hay or rain.
I love my sisters, not of DNA ties,
But of experiences woven through time.
Of escapades imprinted in our memories.
Of clothes handed down and bags shared.
Not to be thug;
I love my sisters from other mothers.
Who through the pitfalls of heartbreaks
And ecstatic elevations of joy
Will be. 
@nkemoyaghire

No comments: