Sunday 17 September 2017

Sweet Dreams





Three months sober and counting. 

I have dreams of you. Where you haunt me in the most delicious ways possible, I wake up parched, sweaty and needy. For every single one of these dreams I experience withdrawal symptoms, my day wasted from the activities of sleep that put me in a philosophical haze. 

A haze that has me questioning the necessity of a lifetime without the proper maximization of the bond I share with you. These dreams scare me but not in a nightmarish way, I am awakened by the realization that my existence will be riddled with attempts at curbing the excesses you come with.

Three months sober and counting.

I see you everywhere; in stores and on TV. Omnipresent. Flirting and teasing me, I hear your fizzy laughter when you are in the hands of others; you soothe them in ways they have no comprehension of and all I desire is to hold you. Feel your coolness as I take you in.

Three months sober and counting. 
My darling bottles of 35 and 50 cl- I do not care in what size or flavor you come, I need to see you. No, taste you; I already see you everywhere. I cannot start to think of all the ways I am dying without you and at the same time not dying, my waistline complained and my doctor says you will be the death of me but I am willing and ready to risk it all.

Am I really?

Three months sober and counting.


Nkem Oyaghire




No comments: