Monday 18 July 2016

Burnt Bridges


Maybe best friends;
Short, fair and brown haired.
Pretty little thing that all the boys liked
With a strange laugh and bad breath.
The burning of a green checkered uniform
And the lighting of a candle.
Began our fire.

We struggled to hold on
Struggled to keep your bridge.
But myself and age.
Set fire to our bridge.
Goodbye PFiola.

Not best friends.
Short and curvy,
Angel face but devil heart.
Terrible mother and underground slut.
Went wrong from the start.
But will never forget you.
Pretender you are
Irritable and impatient I am
I burnt our bridge
For good reason.
Good riddance Bubu.

Probably best friends.
Skinny and light skinned.
Experienced and a talker.
Heavy makeup and tiny clothes.
Our bridge
We have doused too many times
But it still catches flames
We try but fail.
The distance imposed by geography
We couldn't fight.
Hello Pooja.

Definitely best friend.
Of four years.
Amazing talent and dark skin
Huge boobs and eyes.
Hot brothers and chill dad.
You have struggled for our bridge.
But the my jealousy of
You and Kudi's bond
Won't let me.
The torch to blaze us
I hold
But my love for you pleads
And my devotion would not let me.
Our bridge is failing and I stand
Five hours away.
And I know
I have lost you. 
I can't wait to see you
And say;
Hello Chocolate Drop

Nkem Oyaghire

No comments: