Monday 25 January 2016

Love Wants


To gasp for air at his touch.
To have a blood rush from his gaze.
To feel a zoo in the pit of my belly from his smile.
To melt away from his kiss.
To feel tingles at his mention of my name.
To shiver all over when he holds me.
Is all I want.

To cuddle up with my phone. With his voice in my ear.
To fall asleep with him in my head
To wake up from a dream of him.
Is what I want to feel.

To feel giddy in his presence
To spend every waking moment with him. 
To dance to love songs.
And imagine he wrote them for me.
To be naked before him.
Emotionally, mentally and physically.
To be every iconic couple with him.
From Jack and Rose
To Jay and Bey.
Is all I want.

For him to be the new temporary love of my life
For me to forget the world in him.
For me to let go and let him.
I want to know what it is like again.
Want to stay awake all night just thinking of him.
Want to get mad if he misses my call.
Want to feel fierce jealously over the littlest thing.
I need to be able to love selfishly.
To get rid of a certain numbness.
Numbness from the hangover of a great love.
I need to love him in the way he never knew.
To love him the best way I know.

I want to love him properly.
.

Nkem Oyaghire

5 comments:

Rhetoric said...

Rebound love. Lol
Lovely read as always.

Nkem said...

Thank you Mr Ejim.

Anonymous said...

...at the end tho, I'm still wondering...what does love want...?

NC.

Anonymous said...

Love wants to be felt.

Unknown said...

I love love.......😍😍😍