Monday 17 August 2015

Insomniac Cure


King Saul's curse is upon me.
Sleeplessness is a guest in my house;
Bedding with me.
Demons taunting me, questioning the necessity of life
While constantly reminding fearful me of the vast infinity of eternity.
I shiver in bed,
Wistfully from cold or
Wishfully from the absence of a lover's arm.
Rather from the fear that comes with a roving mind.
Fighting the philosophy of my young mind
Urging my wide eyes to shut themselves.
Pleading with sleep to lie with me.
One more night, I shall plead for I can't fight my mind anymore
I cannot silence the taunting demons.
Until.

In a cacophony of melodies,
An arrangement of noise
Accompaniment of keys.
I find peace, sigh in relief.
Fear is battled. I am winning
My mind is waning. Fatigue is welcome.
Sleep hovers by.
With wide open arms I shall welcome my David with his harp.
Encourage him to play away the pain.
Just like Saul, I have a David in my playlist.
Bring slumber to my bed, send the demons to where they belong
And puts sleeplessness to his heels.
I will rest tonight in the arms of my one true lover; Music.
Ms Oyaghire

No comments: