Friday 5 June 2015

Thoughts


I have thoughts endlessly swirling in my head
Thoughts that celebrate evil and shun good
Thoughts that wander to darkness
Fleeing from light.
There's a constant battle.

Battlefield; my conscience
Where two higher powers lay rest
Beautiful sweet good
Urging me to light, drowning out the boom of the voice of
Repulsive evil. 
Bad I am needlessly drawn to like a moth to flame
Evil that's shows forth my vices
Vices that bring me shame
Sends friends far
And turns lovers away.
I have thoughts that noise won't hide
And silence refuses to diminish
Thoughts as black as night
Manifesting in speech and action.
I have thoughts to kill such thoughts
But my evil won't commit suicide
Leaving me one choice,
Hoping I have the courage to do the necessary.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Firstly, this is a good poem but not a great one. That thin line between good and great is attention to detail, something people usually forget to do. Poetry is an overflow of hidden emotions but when letting it out you should check back on what you dished out for the public to read. Your poem comes from a very deep place, the core of your heart and I for one was pleased that you carried out your description with an unmistaken proficiency in the English language. However, u still mixed elevated grammar with that of d simple... I dont know if this is your preferred style in writing but I would advice you stick to one. All in all it has potential and I see you going places Nkem... Lot of love, Lola.