Monday 8 June 2015

Night Terrors



A battle raves in me of words unsaid
And tears unshed.
I wake from dreams I fled from.
With pants mixed in hurried speeches of prayer.
My simple mind full of unspoken terror 
For my mind cannot comprehend such evil. 

So I turn to Him, He who won't reject
Take my gibberish and unravel them,
Ease my tears into smiles,
Turn my wars into peace.
I am not certain what I battle,
Only He is aware.

I see fragmented images, faces I can't remember 
Flashes of a past experienced and a future yet untold.  
 Somniloquy; conversations devoid meaning.
Sleep my solitude, is now a prison.
I roll to bed and jump out of my best friend.
Dreams chasing me to a confusing reality.

Prayer has to work. I don't know all,
Omniscient one
Reveal to me; take this blessing that feels like a curse.
Let my nights be mine once more and let
My days cease to be clouded with tears unshed and words not said.

Ms Oyaghire

No comments: